Do you feel you make the most of your time?
Big question, right? And I guess if you’re here today is because you expect to learn something new...
But first, let’s face the truth:
It’s not enough to dream of success.
It’s not even enough to set goals...
The only way to truly achieve your dreams and build the business you’re meant to build
is to sit down and just do it.
And that’s where many of us fail...
Well, that's a pretty strong word.
But we still have to admit that it’s the doing that trips us up more times than not.
We overbook our calendars until today’s to-dos become next week’s past dues...
We procrastinate on the things that are important while attending to things that are merely “nice to do.”..
And sometimes we simply take on too much—even when we know better.
Is there a solution?
I sincerely believe that yes!
Let me share with you five productivity hacks that may make all the difference in your WAHM life!
So, are you ready to finally get more done in less time?
Let's do it together!
5 Success Hacks to Improve Your Productivity
Learn to Let Go
Let’s start with a news flash: You do not have to do everything in your business!
You can (and should) hand off some low-level tasks to someone else.
- Hire a VA to create your documents and manage your calendar.
- Find a tech support person to manage your blog and email.
- Turn over your bookkeeping to an accountant.
The same principle goes as well for family tasks: it’s not up to mom to do everything at home!
- Delegate certain tasks to your spouse and children such as watering plants, taking care of animals, cleaning, groceries, meal prep,…
- Give yourself permission to ask a babysitter once in while especially if you have an urgent job to finish (but it’s also good to free up some well deserve me time!).
- Even hire a housekeeper to help keep the house as clean as you can get there!
The time you free up will allow you to work on what’s truly important—and that only YOU can do.
I’m sorry to be a bad news announcer but here’s the truth: multitasking is impossible.
You cannot efficiently create a new product or training while you’re simultaneously surfing Facebook, keeping an eye on the kids, and answering the phone every time it rings.
Instead, here are better things to do:
- Get rid of distractions and focus on one thing at a time;
- Use your calendar to block time off for important tasks;
- Turn everything else off so you can focus;
- No phone, no Facebook, no kids or husband or neighbors or pets demanding “just a minute” of your time;
- Tune everything out, and you’ll find your work getting done much faster.
Multi-Tasking is the killer of productivity.
Want to know how much time you really have available for that new project?
Try blocking off time in your calendar for all your existing projects:
- Fill in all your client calls and business administrative tasks,
- Also include time for meals and breaks, outside appointments,
- And of course, everything else you’re committed to.
Believe me, what’s left might just shock you.
Make it a habit to block time in your calendar for every commitment, and you’ll never again over-promise or over-commit!
Rituals and Habits
Simply put, a ritual or habit is a consistent way of doing something.
Here are some of mine:
- My morning ritual: wake up, get dress, have breakfast, brushing teeth, drive Hubby & Fiston to school, walk and yoga and start working;
- My end of day ritual: bring back Hubby & Fiston from school, play outside, get supper ready, brushing teeth, family talk or quiet game, put Fiston to bed, reading and (try) to fall asleep;
- And of course, my weekend ritual including: sleep late whenever possible, catch up on laundry and cleaning, meal prep, family activities, visit family or friends, movie night.
The trouble is, if we're not careful with our rituals, they can turn into productivity killers. Is checking Facebook or email a part of your morning ritual? Is turning on Skype a part of your at work ritual? Distractions such as these can turn even your best intentions into hours of wasted time...
Take a good look at your rituals. What are you doing that you should not be—or that should be moved to another part of your day? Make your rituals more efficient and you’ll automatically get more done!
Work Hard, Play Harder
Hey, none of us is a machine!
We cannot work all day every day and hope to be at our best all the time.
- Also block time in your calendar to:
Take a day off;
- Get some rest, or relax on a long, slow hike;
- Take a friend out to lunch;
- Go shopping with your sister;
- See a movie or even a play at the theatre with your kids.
The goal here is to do something—anything—other than work!
You'll be surprise of all the benefits.
Not only will you return to the office feeling much more refreshed, but you’ll find yourself more creative and productive than before as well.
And now is the time for confessions...
Managing my time and turning up my productivity is not something that comes naturally to me, but what I'm sure of is when improving that skill a little bit every day, I'm finding my business grows right along with me!
Ready to make the most of your time?
Get Your Free eBook
Sign up now to get your step-by-step plan to become more productive sent straight to your inbox.