Being part of the #Choctoberfest gave me the opportunity to try the best looking sprinkle I ever see! Sprinkle Pop create custom bespoke sprinkle blends, dyed in house to match any idea a customer may have. And you know what? If you can dream it, they can even create it as a sprinkle mix! Wow! That gives me a lot of idea!
As for today’s recipe, I choose to try the Fall Leaves Confetti mix. Look at those colorful miniature leaves! Aren’t they inspiring? Make sure to follow me if you want to know what I will make with the Monster Mashup Sprinkle Mix and the Fat Tuesday Sprinkle Mix!
This recipe makes 10 delicious Fallfetti Choco Sandwiches.
- 100 g Butter, room temperature
- 100 g Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 115 g all-purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 100 g Shortening
- 400 g Confectioners’ Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- Drops of Food Coloring (optional)
- 2 oz of Sprinkle Pop Fall Leaves Confetti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy (about 1 minute). Add in brown sugar and beat until well creamed. Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, salt and milk. Once combined, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and cocoa powder. Once combined, slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Scoop dough into 2-inch Tbsp balls, place 2-inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- To make the filling, place shortening in a mixing bowl and, at low speed, gradually beat in the sugar, milk and almond extract. Turn the mixer on high and beat for 2-3 minutes until filling is light and fluffy.
- To assemble the cookies, pipe a blob of cream into the center of one cookie. Place another cookie, equal in size to the first, on top of the cream. Lightly press to work the filling evenly to the outsides of the cookie.
- Pour Sprinkle Pop Fall Leaves Confetti on a plate and roll you cookie sandwiches in.
If you are a chocolate lover like me, here are more delicious recipes you should look at: