Having snacks throughout the day is important to keep your energy up and having different options could help satisfy your taste buds. As you may know, during spring there are more food options that are tolerable since the cold limiting your choices.
Here are some perfect spring snacks to make at home:
- There is so much you can do with vegetables during the warmer months of the year. They are refreshing and keep your energy up. Adding a bit of sour cream to your celery sticks or carrot sticks will give the vegetables a delightful flavour.
- Soups may be a winter food but why not give cold soup a try? Cucumber soup has the pleasant fresh taste that everyone enjoys. Add garlic and salt for some flavour and for convenience this snack doesn't even need to be cooked.
- Making yourself some couscous is a quick snack that fills you up enough for a little while. Mixing the grain with oil, chick peas, tomatoes and cucumber is a delicious spring meal which does not take much effort.
- Egg sandwiches are a filling snack that is healthy and satisfying. Mixing a bit of curry powder will give the yolky food a small kick. It's a good thing that curry powder is available in most of your wholesaler stores.
- If you're the person who enjoys the sweeter snacks then fruit is definitely the way to go. Fruit salad with a bit of cottage cheese and nuts is light and healthy. Or whipped cream and sugar for a fresh dessert? Just chop up a bunch of fruits of your choice and the hard part is practically done.
- Fruit is also perfect for smoothies. The tastes merged together give a whole new fresh flavour. Sometimes eating is not what you feel like doing so make a drink instead. Try Those Green Smoothie Recipes!
- Coconut bread can be made into a savoury snack or a sweet one. Just mix up coconut flour, baking powder, a few eggs and butter and it will be ready in less than three minutes. This is the quickest bread to make and it fills you up the way a normal snack should. You won't feel the need to have more.
Therefore, it's important to have snacks during the day to keep your mind active and awake, even if the snacks are small such as a fruit or an energy bar. Always make sure that you don't over feed yourself if you are not that hungry as your body will take more energy just to digest the unnecessary food in your system. The smaller portions you eat, the quicker your metabolism reacts. Also go here for more ideas: 5 Tips for Eating More Fruits and Vegetables.
What about your Perfect Spring Snacks? Let's share some more ideas!
Stephie, The Happy Mom